- ► 2014 (19)
- KAT FLANNERY - LAKOTA HONOR!!
- BIGFOOT BOY ACCEPTED BY PUBLISHER
- Writers' Conference Wrap-up
- Words in 3 Dimensions This Weekend
- Kenna McKinnon: German News Reels
- Russia, India and China
- Space Program
- Problems Posting Blog
- India News and Pictures
- Funny commercials on youtube
- WRITING ESSENTIALS BY MORGEN BAILEY
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
- Guest Post by Roy Huff, Author of Everville
- Guest Blog on Crime Writing by Morgen Bailey
- MEAN BEE
- MEMORIES OF MOTHER
- How to Lose Weight?
- 99 cents for a great book
- ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION SALE WITH AUTHOR EXTRAORDI...
- INTERVIEW WITH EILEEN SCHUH, AUTHOR OF THE TRAZ, F...
- CHEAP YOUNG ADULT BOOK SALES
- Stop and smell the roses song
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
CANADA IN SPACE
- Cmdr. Chris Hadfield, Canadian astronaut and recent commander of the Space Station, is back on Earth after stepping out of a Russian Soyuz spacecraft in Kazakhstan on Monday. He was in space for five months.
- Don't forget the CanadArm, which was developed by Canada and is vital to space exploration.
USA SPACE PROGRAM
- Too bad the US has abandoned most of its space program. A
country can't wage a war and have a space program, too.
1965 USA National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- There were some tragic events in USA space history, not the least of which was the fire in the cockpit of Apollo 1 on Jan. 27, 1967,when three of the first group of NASA astronauts - Virgil (Gus) Grissom, Edward White and Roger Chaffee - died during a routine ground test of the Apollo capsule, and of course, the explosion of space shuttle Challenger which killed a teacher and all on board in 1986. In 2003 the Columbia broke apart, killing all astronauts on board, including an Israeli astronaut.
- Israeli astronaut killed as well as entire crew in 2003.
RUSSIAN TRIUMPHS AND TRAGEDIES
- Russia, too, has had its space catastrophes, perhaps not so
- In April of 1961, a Russian named Yuri
Gagarin became the first man to orbit Earth.
- In April of 1961, a Russian named Yuri Gagarin became the first man to orbit Earth.
- Russian astronauts shot
around the moon in 1967 and attempted to land on the moon before the well known American moon landing in 1969.
- The Russian landing before the Americans got there in 1969 didn't come about, after several failures, although there are stories to the contrary.
INDIA AND CHINA SPACE PROGRAMS
- India and China have their space programs, as well as many other countries such as Britain, North Korea, and Iran, less publicized in the USA.
BREWSTER rockit space guy
A funny comic book by Tim Ricard about rocket science on Rob Bryanton's blog.
Welcome home, Chris!!
Labels:Brewster rockit space guy,Canada in space,CanadArm,Canadian space program,Chris Hadfield,Russian space program,space program,space tragedies