- ► 2014 (19)
- KAT FLANNERY - LAKOTA HONOR!!
- BIGFOOT BOY ACCEPTED BY PUBLISHER
- Writers' Conference Wrap-up
- Words in 3 Dimensions This Weekend
- Kenna McKinnon: German News Reels
- Russia, India and China
- Space Program
- Problems Posting Blog
- India News and Pictures
- Funny commercials on youtube
- WRITING ESSENTIALS BY MORGEN BAILEY
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
- Guest Post by Roy Huff, Author of Everville
- Guest Blog on Crime Writing by Morgen Bailey
- MEAN BEE
- MEMORIES OF MOTHER
- How to Lose Weight?
- 99 cents for a great book
- ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION SALE WITH AUTHOR EXTRAORDI...
- INTERVIEW WITH EILEEN SCHUH, AUTHOR OF THE TRAZ, F...
- CHEAP YOUNG ADULT BOOK SALES
- Stop and smell the roses song
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Friday, May 3, 2013
|Eileen Schuh, Author|
The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers!
Many teens love reading about the power of vampires, their immortality, their sexual prowess. It’s enticing to us all to imagine that life’s problems can be dealt with through magic.
- If only each and every one
of us could control ourselves, the world, and other people the way literature’s
fantasy creatures can.
- However, when the book is over and the fantasy world vanishes, how prepared will mortal young readers be to deal with the problems in real life?
THE TRAZ, the first in the BackTracker Series of young adult novels, addresses real-life monsters as it delves into the dark underbelly of the drug trade and all the associated social ills.
- Enticed by the promise of adventure and isolated from society by her grief, thirteen-year old Katrina thinks she can master the evil that thrives in The Traz, one of North America’s most notorious biker gangs. However, the horrendous cost of belonging soon crashes down on her and she realizes too late that there’s no escaping a gang.
- Katrina does not deal with problems well, in fact she spirals downward quickly, deeper and deeper into the grisly realty of the drug trade. It’s my hope that young readers will be able to predict where her poor decisions are leading her and take a second sober look at the choices they are about to make.
To encourage critical thinking in young and old readers alike, the Study Guide included with THE TRAZ School Edition asks pointed questions and provides additional information on an array of topics mentioned in the novel, such as gangs, swearing, and depression.
Also included, is a list of international resources for those seeking more information or help dealing with issues such as addictions, suicide, and drugs.
|The Traz here!|
|Buy it HERE!|
Links to my other books:
Eileen Schuh, Author
Labels:Canadian author,cops,Eileen Schuh,Fatal Error,female author,gangs,Middle Grade novel,motorcycle gangs,Schrodinger's Cat,the Traz,YA adventure,young adult novel