- ► 2014 (19)
- KAT FLANNERY - LAKOTA HONOR!!
- BIGFOOT BOY ACCEPTED BY PUBLISHER
- Writers' Conference Wrap-up
- Words in 3 Dimensions This Weekend
- Kenna McKinnon: German News Reels
- Russia, India and China
- Space Program
- Problems Posting Blog
- India News and Pictures
- Funny commercials on youtube
- WRITING ESSENTIALS BY MORGEN BAILEY
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
- Guest Post by Roy Huff, Author of Everville
- Guest Blog on Crime Writing by Morgen Bailey
- MEAN BEE
- MEMORIES OF MOTHER
- How to Lose Weight?
- 99 cents for a great book
- ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION SALE WITH AUTHOR EXTRAORDI...
- INTERVIEW WITH EILEEN SCHUH, AUTHOR OF THE TRAZ, F...
- CHEAP YOUNG ADULT BOOK SALES
- Stop and smell the roses song
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Ameriquest Commercials on Youtube
Don't be too quick to judge
- Don't judge too quickly.
- Funny commercials.
- Do you judge from first impressions?
- Stats show that our first impressions stay with us for a lifetime.
- First impressions are important.
- Ameriquest has funny commercials on youtube about judging too quickly.
- What do you think about forming a first impression?
- Are you aware of the importance of a first impression?
Ameriquest funny commercials on youtube
I bombed at my first presentation
Five minute speech
Last October 2012 I completely bombed at my first presentation as an author. It was a five minute talk promoting my young adult book, SpaceHive, in front of an audience of children's authors and children's book readers.
My son had died two weeks before
My son had died two weeks before and I teared up when speaking without explaining why, also did not capture my audience. I read from SpaceHive and read the wrong portion, it didn't have anything to say. I didn't use props. I did get a laugh from my audience at one point.
Wanted to quit
I wanted to quit long before the moderator indicated time was up.
I repeated myself about music, music being important to my son, but I did not ever mention my son or his death to explain myself, I was not transparent.
I refused a raffle ticket for a painting.
All in all, I don't believe I'll be invited back again to this group.
I learned something
- I learned a lot and did a lot of thinking and research since then. Experience talks.
- I also learned that authors typically dress in jeans and colorful shirts or they dress very well in skirts and scarves and dangling earrings.
- I'm learning how to dress like an author and I will learn how to present my works.
- First impressions. Don't bomb. Engage your audience, use props, dress appropriately, use humor if you can, and be prepared.
First impressions. Thanks, Ameriquest.
Labels:Ameriquest,Ameriquest commercials,experience in speaking,funny commercials,judging,presentations,speaking engagements