- ► 2014 (19)
- SPACEHIVE 99 CENTS MAY 3 - 10, 2013
- When Your Old Neighborhood Changes
- Spring Diets
- Writing an Essay About a Memorable Character
- Time for Questions about Myths and Nero and Rome a...
- Health Effects and Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Sesame Yogut Cheesecake from Lesley
- COOKING WITH HONEY RECIPES
- The Oxford Comma (Vampire Weekend)
- She Writes with Love - for Katie Jennings
- Fairytale Wedding Story
- NEW XBOX COMING OUT
- SpaceHive Kindle 99 Cents on Amazon May 3 - 10 inc...
- Shop for April Showers on eBay
- Fox News Bashes Canadian Military Site youtube.com...
- Canadian Culture vs American Culture
- CAPTCHA What do you think?
- Modern and Archaic Greek Economy vs American Econo...
- German News Reels
- DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
- Space Oddity Revisited
- REST IN PEACE, STEVE 1968-2012
- INTERVIEW WITH ROY HUFF, AUTHOR OF EVERVILLE: THE ...
- UNDERSTANDING THE STIGMA OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- Alison Can Read Follow Bloggers
- $99 Vacations
- Fireball at Chelyabinsk
- Teen Humor
- SPRING FLOWERS DECORATIONS
- SPRING DIET TIPS
- Things to do April 1
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
|Bee on apple blossom, symbol of Michigan|
Yesterday we talked about spring diets. Today we will talk about spring flowers decorations, bright colors like robin's egg blue rugs and a teacup the tender golden color of an egg yolk, curtains the chartreuse of new leaves, a hyacinth-mauve toss pillow.
Winter is mostly neutral: white snow, dirty grey snow, dark branches against a neutral sky.
|Lovely pink orchid|
Wake up! It's spring and we can use the colors of spring to refresh and cleanse our palettes, invite a new color over to play, make a clean sweep of our rooms (what's wrong with old-fashioned spring cleaning, decluttering?).
- Include flowers and fresh spring greens.
- This is the perfect time to bring juicy round bulbs and other living greens into our homes.
- Try a bunch of leeks or parsley set into a pretty vase or jug.
- Flowers and flower colors and shapes bring vitality into a room.
Nature shows us the way! Bring spring flowers decorations and colors into your home. There's nothing like the natural world in Spring for giving us all a breath of fresh air when we need it most.
- Some of us live in arid or more temperate climates than others.
- To these, the advent of spring is less invigorating, perhaps, signalling the end of a pleasant winter and the beginning of relentless summer heat.
- Still, it's pleasant to celebrate the seasons, take the green and white of a flowering Saquaro or a yellow flowering barrel cactus.
Move things around, make a quick pick-up if you don't have time for a major spring cleaning, give some time and thought to what you want to bloom and grow in your life this growing season and begin to imagine it. Decorating with spring flowers begins in your heart. Be creative.
I hope these few tips on spring flowers decorations and the renewed energy that comes with spring help my readers to find their mojo after a long cold winter - even my Arizona readers and desert readers, more temperate climes, or the Australian readers on the other side of the world who are just entering autumn, find your quick and free fix for winter-stuck energy.
You might also be interested in this post.
Shannon McRae has some tips on organic Easter dyes that could be used for crafts or home decorating at any time.
Labels:colors,decluttering,decorating tips,decorating with flowers,end of winter,natural world,organic Easter dyes,picture of bee on apple blossom,spring cleaning,spring decorating tips