- ► 2014 (19)
- SPACEHIVE 99 CENTS MAY 3 - 10, 2013
- When Your Old Neighborhood Changes
- Spring Diets
- Writing an Essay About a Memorable Character
- Time for Questions about Myths and Nero and Rome a...
- Health Effects and Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Sesame Yogut Cheesecake from Lesley
- COOKING WITH HONEY RECIPES
- The Oxford Comma (Vampire Weekend)
- She Writes with Love - for Katie Jennings
- Fairytale Wedding Story
- NEW XBOX COMING OUT
- SpaceHive Kindle 99 Cents on Amazon May 3 - 10 inc...
- Shop for April Showers on eBay
- Fox News Bashes Canadian Military Site youtube.com...
- Canadian Culture vs American Culture
- CAPTCHA What do you think?
- Modern and Archaic Greek Economy vs American Econo...
- German News Reels
- DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
- Space Oddity Revisited
- REST IN PEACE, STEVE 1968-2012
- INTERVIEW WITH ROY HUFF, AUTHOR OF EVERVILLE: THE ...
- UNDERSTANDING THE STIGMA OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- Alison Can Read Follow Bloggers
- $99 Vacations
- Fireball at Chelyabinsk
- Teen Humor
- SPRING FLOWERS DECORATIONS
- SPRING DIET TIPS
- Things to do April 1
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning
Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested in space, science, hard science fiction, robots, and the news, which he took with a grain of the proverbial salt. As do I, but for what it's worth...
See previous blog about meteorite crashing in RussiaI'm revisiting my blog on the space oddity reported on February 15, 2013.
- Since I posted on my blog about a meteorite over Russia, someone advised me there was a second meteorite. She thought the second had also landed in Russia, but when I researched it, I found it had blazed over Cuba two hours before the Russian meteorite landed.
- So there were two meteors, one over Cuba and two hours later, another over Russia.
- Seems odd. Here's a link to this news, which occurred on February 15, 2013, not breaking news anymore, but it's disturbing.
Meteor passes over California
- A meteor also raced across California on Feb. 15, 2013.
Asteroid the size of a football field passed close to Earth Saturday
- I'm wondering if these events were related to the asteroid which passed close to Earth on Saturday? I'll research it some more.
- The Telegraph reports today, on April, 9 2013, that an asteroid "the size of a football field" passed within 600,000 miles of earth on Saturday, April 6, 2013. It was too small to be seen by the naked eye.
- "Astronomers working on the Slooh Space Camera in the Canary Islands captured images of the asteroid as it passed overhead on Saturday. The object came within 600,000 miles of the Earth."
Earth had a very close call and we weren't warned?
It seems to me that Earth had a close call, scientists didn't know what to do about it, and so we weren't warned...?????
- Asteroid Apophis is named after a mythological Egyptian demon.
- It'll come back, in 2036, and at that time could collide with Earth.
Labels:2013,Apophis,asteroid,Asteroid Apophis,California meteorite,Cuba,Cuba meteor fireball,February 15,fireball,meteor,meteorite,Russia,Russian fireball,Slooh Space Camera,the telegraph