- ► 2014 (19)
- SPACEHIVE 99 CENTS MAY 3 - 10, 2013
- When Your Old Neighborhood Changes
- Spring Diets
- Writing an Essay About a Memorable Character
- Time for Questions about Myths and Nero and Rome a...
- Health Effects and Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Sesame Yogut Cheesecake from Lesley
- COOKING WITH HONEY RECIPES
- The Oxford Comma (Vampire Weekend)
- She Writes with Love - for Katie Jennings
- Fairytale Wedding Story
- NEW XBOX COMING OUT
- SpaceHive Kindle 99 Cents on Amazon May 3 - 10 inc...
- Shop for April Showers on eBay
- Fox News Bashes Canadian Military Site youtube.com...
- Canadian Culture vs American Culture
- CAPTCHA What do you think?
- Modern and Archaic Greek Economy vs American Econo...
- German News Reels
- DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
- Space Oddity Revisited
- REST IN PEACE, STEVE 1968-2012
- INTERVIEW WITH ROY HUFF, AUTHOR OF EVERVILLE: THE ...
- UNDERSTANDING THE STIGMA OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- Alison Can Read Follow Bloggers
- $99 Vacations
- Fireball at Chelyabinsk
- Teen Humor
- SPRING FLOWERS DECORATIONS
- SPRING DIET TIPS
- Things to do April 1
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
We all build walls and then we build bridges. Why build walls at all? Yoko Ono left John Lennon for 18 months and encouraged him to mov...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
I'll be in beautiful sunny Vancouver when you read this, taking a long overdue vacation. I'll be back on Thursday, May 24th. Hig...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
I wrote it today for Katie's friend, thinking she would not get another love story like this one.
I may save it for a future novel, of a Black Duke and a violent Faery Princess who are brought together by roses and music after 40 years of wandering…
ALTERNATIVE ENDING I
- It's not so easy to be a lady's duke and know that every lady loves your charms and interesting soul.
- It's not easy to be a lovely Faery Princess and know that your handsome warrior will never be yours for more than a day in 40 years.
- As the dove came back to Noah and the thrush sang Aura Lee, the white bird tangled in thorns sang its song for her and me.
ALTERNATIVE ENDING II
- It's not easy to be a violent Princess who controls the destiny of the obsessed man she loves.
- A murder of crows surrounded us in the graveyard where we met and the dove was wet with tears. I took my arrow and killed the dove, and the lady buried it in her garden and wept that a little bit of love should die so soon.
ALTERNATIVE ENDING III
- I presented with army and shield, and a red sun behind me.
- The Princess romped on the hills of Rome in a toga and sandals.
- We were one for the history of all dangerous Dukes and careful Faeries. We loved one another like butter loves corn, like the cherry blossoms of spring, like magnolia trees and fountains in spring, like the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen classical Chinese gardens of Vancouver where history and culture intertwine, and we are not Roman nor First Nations nor Irish nor Scottish, we are Canadian lovers who have loved since the first sunrise.
|Map of Canada|
- She is a stranger in a strange land and I am a poor wayfaring stranger in my own skin, or was before she stitched up my many wounds with her careful hands.
- Now the dove comes back to Noah and we celebrate, but gently, for the violence has forced us to take care.
|Pastel bird on a branch|
- The white roses cascade from the sword, which cuts the Gordian knot and frees us.
- We love.
|Man running free|
|Plane flying into sunrise|
Labels:alternative endings,Aura Lee,Black Velvet Band,doves,Irish Rovers,Katie Jennings,love,love story,murder of crows,Pirate,Pirate dukes,Princess,roses,short story,unrequited love