- ► 2014 (19)
- SPACEHIVE 99 CENTS MAY 3 - 10, 2013
- When Your Old Neighborhood Changes
- Spring Diets
- Writing an Essay About a Memorable Character
- Time for Questions about Myths and Nero and Rome a...
- Health Effects and Side Effects of Cinnamon
- Sesame Yogut Cheesecake from Lesley
- COOKING WITH HONEY RECIPES
- The Oxford Comma (Vampire Weekend)
- She Writes with Love - for Katie Jennings
- Fairytale Wedding Story
- NEW XBOX COMING OUT
- SpaceHive Kindle 99 Cents on Amazon May 3 - 10 inc...
- Shop for April Showers on eBay
- Fox News Bashes Canadian Military Site youtube.com...
- Canadian Culture vs American Culture
- CAPTCHA What do you think?
- Modern and Archaic Greek Economy vs American Econo...
- German News Reels
- DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP
- Space Oddity Revisited
- REST IN PEACE, STEVE 1968-2012
- INTERVIEW WITH ROY HUFF, AUTHOR OF EVERVILLE: THE ...
- UNDERSTANDING THE STIGMA OF MENTAL ILLNESS
- Alison Can Read Follow Bloggers
- $99 Vacations
- Fireball at Chelyabinsk
- Teen Humor
- SPRING FLOWERS DECORATIONS
- SPRING DIET TIPS
- Things to do April 1
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2012 (95)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Friday, April 19, 2013
Homemade Cooking with Honey Recipes
Prequel to my 99 cent book sale 3 - 10 May, 2013.My good friend and supporter, Sue Graver, suggested I preface a launch party for SpaceHive on Facebook with some honey recipes.
I'll post a couple simple honey recipes here and then ask my readers for their favorites.
|Delicious liquid honey from a jar|
- I often cook with liquid honey or use liquid honey to sweeten cereals or tea, to avoid using white sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Creamed honey is available as well, which is delicious on toast or biscuits, or with PB, and spreads well.
- I like raw, unpasteurized honey but note it can compromise an immune system and should not be fed to children below the age of three years due to microbes and bacteria present in unpasteurized honey.
- Doctors used to carry honey in their bags to treat wounds. It is said to heal wounds as well as antibiotics or better.
- Honey also is said to reach a satiety point where we will stop eating something sweet that's made with honey, whereas sugar will actually increase our appetite for sweeteners.
- Honeycomb is a treat.
A little story about honeycomb. I lived on a farm as a child and my father one day in the autumn brought home a tub of honeycomb. It was very cold that day and the bees were inactive. However, he placed the tub of honeycomb in the kitchen near the stove and the bees all became active and started to crawl and fly about the house.
My father? He was the man who fired his rifle in the living room at a weasel who had entered the house.
He kept knives in a knife block near the front door and rifles hanging on the wall.
Explains a lot about me and my upbringing, and why it took me 60 years to become less of a wild woman and more civilized.
Now a couple honey recipes
Honey Chicken youtube.
Pumpkin Honey Bread
- 1 cup - honey
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (16 oz.) - solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 - eggs
- 4 cups - flour
- 4 teaspoons - baking powder
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons - ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 teaspoon - ground nutmeg
DirectionsIn large bowl, cream honey with butter until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated. Sift together remaining ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture. Divide batter equally between two well-greased 9 x5 x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert pans to remove loaves and allow to finish cooling on racks.
- per serving (based on 1/8 loaf, about 1-inch slice)
- Calories: 261
- Fat Total: 7.51 g
- Protein: 5.43 g
- Cholesterol: 68.8 mg
- Carbohydrates: 44.5 g
- Sodium: 411 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 2.53 g
- Calories from Fat: 25%
Peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich
- 2 slices - whole wheat bread
- 2 Tablespoons - honey
- 1/2 - banana
- 1 Tablespoon - peanut butter
DirectionsSpread honey and peanut butter onto bread. Slice 1/2 banana onto bread. Eat and enjoy!
|BANANA - HONEY DRINK|
1/2 c. milk (skim or whole)
3 tbsp. wheat germ
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla or strawberry flavoring
Blend in blender until banana has dissolved. Yields 2 servings. Note: This is a quick energy-builder and very nourishing.
Do you have any favorite honey recipes?
Honey and lemon juice in hot water or hot tea makes a very nice "hot toddy" for a sore throat or to relieve cold symptoms. I used to give this to my family when they were down with a cold or the flu.
Labels:cold symptoms,honey,honey as healer,honey chicken,honey drink,honey hot toddy,honey recipes,peanut butter and honey sandwich,suggestions for honey