- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (147)
- ▼ April (4)
Most Popular Posts
Cheryl Tardif from Imajin Books is publishing my first novel, SpaceHive, in the summer of 2012. It will be in both ebook and trade paperba...
The Fascinating Eileen Schuh featured today with DISPASSIONATE LIES and other great novels ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIMEWELCOME Eileen Schuh with me today to my blog. She is both a friend and fellow author, from the boreal forests of St. Paul, Albe...
Sandra Miller Sandra Miller is a writer and lives in New York. Two times a year she watches Friends sitcom. She loves salsa. Use...
Memorable Characters Writer's Workshop I went to my first writer's workshop last Saturday, put on by the Canadian Authors'...
A Millionaire's Christmas by Brian Porter My 5 star review Christmas being less than two months away, and the unfortunate resul...
Let's follow Annie Hansen -- "I do like a strong female lead"...schizophrenic young woman private eye. On Sale for ...
Morgen Bailey biography Based in Northamptonshire, England, Morgen Bailey (“Morgen with an E”) is a prolific blogger, podcaste...
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropr iate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon wo...
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 1...
TODAY we think about romance once again, and the healing properties of love in the face of adversity or error. I gave my review 4 stars. ...
Monday, April 23, 2012
Always, always wanted to be a writer. I called it "journalist" in those days, didn't know better, I wanted to write, and I did. I was never a journalist. In February 2010 I published my first article, unpaid, but Rick Lauber at Alberta Caregiver gave me a start and I'm grateful.
WHEN should we write?
- WHEN THE MOON IS SILVER AND GOLD OVER THE YARDARM
- WHEN THE MOON IS BLUE AND COLD AND WE'RE LOST IN STARDUST
- WHEN WE CAN'T AFFORD COFFEE
- WHEN THE CAT JUST THREW UP ON OUR FOOT
- WHEN OUR SPOUSE BUYS A TRUCK AND IS GONE FOR TWO MONTHS
- WHEN HE'S WORKING ON THE ROAD
- WHEN HE'S HOME AND FEELS ROMANTIC WE CAN SAY
- NOT NOW, HONEY, I'M WRITING.
- IF NOT NOW, WHEN?
- IF NOT HERE, WHERE?
- WHEN OUR PEN RUNS OUT OF INK AND WE HAVE TO USE A LIPSTICK ON THE BATHROOM MIRROR
- WHEN OUR COMPUTER CRASHES LIKE A NORTH KOREAN MISSILE
- WHEN THE STARS RUN OUT OF FIRE AND THE EARTH BOILS
- WHEN LOUISE BLOUIN MACBAIN PAINTS SAM MCGEE IN THE FURNACE AND SELLS IT TO YELLOWKNIFE TOWN HALL
- WHEN READERS DON'T LIKE IT
- WHEN PUBLISHERS DON'T ASK FOR IT
- WHEN OUR CHILDREN TELL THEIR FRIENDS WE'RE LAWYERS WHO WORK AT HOME
- WHEN OUR LOVED ONE IS A STRANGER
- WHEN OUR PROFESSORS ARE FRIENDS
- WHEN OUR TEACHERS WANT US TO BE...
- WHO AND WHAT WE REALLY ARE...
- THAT'S THE MOST FUN IN THE WORLD
- I WISH IT FOR YOU, MY FELLOW WRITERS
- MY CRITICS AND MY READERS
- MY REVIEWERS
- THERE IS NO JOY GREATER THAN CREATING A WORK OF ART FROM ONE'S OWN HEAD
- RIGHT NOW.
- BEFORE LUNCH
- AFTER LUNCH
- WITH AN AVOCADO SANDWICH ON THE PAGE AND A CUP OF TEA ON THE KEYBOARD
- WITH A CAT DRAPED OVER THE SIDE OF OUR DESK
- WHEN THE SUN COMES UP
- IN THE AFTERNOON
- WHEN IT'S NINE IN THE MORNING IN ENGLAND
- AND WE LIVE IN ALBERTA OR WASHINGTON, DC
- IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
- DISCIPLINED OR LAISSEZ FAIRE LIKE ME
- BEFORE LAST CALL OR WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK
- WHEN YOU HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK FOR NINETEEN YEARS
- JUST WRITE.